Friday 20 March 2009

Jean & Carol by Alex


Just a pencil sketch of a coupla friends, took the chance to do a lot more shadings, and giving the hair some depth with each stroke(the two just to show the effects before and after). I won't show their pictures here, but it's up to them to judge. I am probably getting the hang of it though, it didn't take me longer than 2 hours at least, but then again, it's only faces ^^ I wanted to ink them at first, and then I thought they're alright just like that. I'll experiment inking with some other sketches later.

10 comments:

  1. The girl on the right, Jean is pretty...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you definitely are improving with each piece of art you do. Please keep it up, as I am looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jason, ^^ Thanks man! I think she read your comment too haha!
    Momo, you notice some improvement? o_O Hmmm, I think I've still got a long long way to go. But thanks for being supportive as always bi!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved your sketch.. It is lovely

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great drawing. You handled the hair well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sarah, Thanks! ^^ The person whom I drew on the right was very pleased too, and she blogged about it.

    Linisha, thanks for appreciating :)

    Joanne, yeah I like the hair the most in this sketch, the next one I am doing will be focusing a lot on just hair too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i look fat in the actual picture.lol! wasted ur time drawing a fatso.=(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't be silly Carol, you're not at all fat, and I didn't draw you fat.. you looked bigger because you're supposed to be closer in the sketch :p

    ReplyDelete
  9. "it's only faces" LOL I hope someday to be able to do them so well!

    ReplyDelete