Friday 27 March 2009

Anne Hathaway by Alex





My 2nd celebrity sketch. I am stressing a bit more on the hair this time, and I've always thought that this shot of her from the movie "The Devil Wears Prada" looks cool and sophisticated so I gave it a shot too.

Tools used are still pretty simple and limited like any other sketches I usually do, just a mechanical pencil(AG Spalding & Bros. Mini if you really want to know) with 0.5mm HB lead, typical office erasers(Maped & Pelikan) on my 8x5" Bombay large brown leather journal my fiancee bought in B&N as my Christmas present last year(which drove me very much into drawing/sketching again). That's all ^^

I took a little more time this round because being an engineer by day, and an artist wannabe at night is sometimes very exhausting. I am going to separate this piece into 4 separate stages(Final sketch, initial outline, minimal shading, detailing hair) to illustrate how the process went.

I hope you like this one ;)

12 comments:

  1. Great job :) Celebs are often hard to do because you have a preconceived notion of what they look like :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great, great job! Looks soooo much like her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a beautiful drawing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!! I love the way you have done the hair.. it's really cool

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know you have been focusing on hair, and I have to say, you really hit the mark with it. A definite improvement. Plus I really like Anne Hathaway so I like this one a lot~ <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is so pretty... when can I date her?

    ReplyDelete
  7. spinneretta, ^^ yeah they are hard. Still room for improvement as always! I mean, it's never easy to get it 100% right.

    peachtreeart, Thank you! :D I made her look a little chubbier and cuter.

    seesue, :) I am glad you think so.

    linisha, Yeah I was spending one night just to do her hair, it was really fun!!

    Tanna, Thanks sweets ^o^

    Jason, yes of course you can. You can do that in various places like... in your dreams, or in one of her movies :Þ

    Hui2, Thanks for the super-high marks!! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great likeness! And you did a great job of the hair :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow...wonderfully recreated...Amazing work..!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excellent Sketch, Very Expressive!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice job on the hair!! Very detailed work! I like it!! ^_^

    ReplyDelete