Saturday 28 February 2009

Hot Rod by Alex

I wanted to have this as my 2nd post on this blog actually, but I didn't have proper pens for inking. So I did those I did earlier before I could concentrate on this one. I got the date wrong though, I was looking at my laptop with the Malaysian time. Anyway, it's just 2 hours away from the 1st of March 2009, so that's alright ^^

A short story about Hot Rod, yes he's an Autobot, he appeared in the movie in 1986 The Transformers : The Movie which looks somewhat like a red Lamborghini Countach with flames paint-work on the hood. In that movie he succeeded Optimus Prime when Prime was killed by Megatron (yes... Prime died T__T and he rusted immediately after that as soon as he passed the Matrix to Ultra Magnus). But everyone knows the Matrix itself chooses the next Autobot leader...teehee, obviously it wasn't Ultra Magnus, and it was Hot Rod who later unleashed the power of the Matrix, defeating Unicron and restored peace in Cybertron, and his name later became Rodimus Prime. This drawing though, is Hot Rod... not Rodimus Prime, it's when he was still young and reckless. And it's a little bit different than what you would see in the movie, because this one is from the toy itself made by Revoltech. Pencil sketch at first... And there goes the inking... And finally coloring with water color and touching up with just color pencils. The wrinkles on the paper was caused by the water. Drawing paper with good quality usually doesn't do that -_- Ah well!

5 comments:

  1. oh.... sorry i bought you poor quality... :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, you got it wrong. I didn't draw this one on my nice leather wrapped journal ^^ This was done before I started anything on that one, it's on a normal cheap sketchpad I bought here years ago. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. How long you take to draw this? Very nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. eh..eh..eh..! not bad!=D i like it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jason, I can't really remember. Probably 4 or 5 hours combined. You like Hot Rod too? ^^

    Carol, hehehehe... do you know the character? It was like 'HOT' even before you're born tsk tsk tsk!

    ReplyDelete