Monday 7 September 2009

Show Lo (by Alex)

(click to enlarge)
(rough sketch stage)

Hands got a little stiff not sketching after more than a month. I just finished watching a Taiwanese drama series called "Hot Shot" and it's about basketball, and one of the main characters in the series is played by the all hilarious and talented host, singer, fantastic dancer, and clothing line owner(Brand: STAGE), SHOW LO. He's about my age but the level of success if obviously incomparable ^^

This is considered my "exercise" sketch, and you could see a lot of "laziness" in it, but I'll start working on something else soon. Thanks again for all you warm wishes and for liking my wedding invitation card design. I was having a lot of doubts, whether it'd be too chinese, whether it's not special enough etc. But I am so glad everyone of you approved :)

10 comments:

  1. So, this is a "rough one", huh? All of mine should be so rough! And you were "lazy" here, hmmm? I could be as lazy, but I don't want to work so hard! I think there is great drama in this drawing, much emotion. And the execution is great. Good exercise, I'd say!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Call it what you will, but I think it's great! nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the shading and overall softness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Masterful drawing - I don't see a bit of laziness. In fact, I like to see a little of the 'artist's hand' in art works. I agree about the drama too, Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh Alex...
    you just continue to amaze

    ReplyDelete
  6. Doesn't look rough to me!! Of course, I've never done a sketch that took more than, oh, about thirty minutes or so. I don't have the patience! I don't know the actor, but this looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what can I add? It is beautiful, really.
    I enjoy very much when you put step by step drawings, it shows a bit how you work. Enlarging the final version is a must...I could appreciate all the details, the shading, the hair. Did you attend an art school?

    ReplyDelete
  8. of course, showing these drawings just makes me so proud to even say I know you personally. Great great work, as everyone already said.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know who this celebrity is!! u captured his expression very well! i can recognise him at the first glimpse without reading the post title or article to get his name ;) Fantastic work! love especially the nose and lips.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're really awesome at portraiting people (even when you're feeling "lazy" : )!). Handsome young man, and you did a fantastic job on him!
    Love your wedding invitation card - it's superb. Gorgeous, elegant and classy!

    ReplyDelete