Saturday 27 March 2010

Super Bowl Ice Art

I haven't been posting for more than 2 weeks again, but I haven't stop thinking about doing art or anything related to it. I recently helped the iceman designing his new company logo. I can't really post that up yet until they have registered it, so I am going to hold that one up first.
That aside, I had been doing a lot of ice related art work too. I didn't really do the physical carving, or designed the entire piece by myself, but I worked on the motives and general shapes and designs, which usually would turn heads. Here are some we did for Superbowl party, which the Saints won(woot woot!)This is our Who Dat alligator. They serve shrimps in its teeth.
That's our Homer Simpson Luge. You pour drinks on the top and place your glass at the bottom for the drinks.
This is one of our typical Luge.

We'll be working on something that has Motorcycles for the theme within the next couple of weeks. I haven't done anything on that yet but I've got so many ideas in my head and I am so excited of how things will turn out.

13 comments:

  1. Wow! These are so cool (no pun intended!). I'm looking forward to seeing your other ice designs. Alex, I'm so glad you like the book - I hope you both have fun with it! nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great, Alex! I do hope you show us the logo after he gets it registered! We've definitely been missing your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Alex! These are amazing. I guess I'm new to the ice sculpture thing so I'm pretty impressed by the whole idea of it. Really cool designs, and nice to see how your creativity can be applied in so many different contexts. Interesting post, as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd so love to eat shrimps from an alligator mouth and/or have a drink from an Homer Simpson luge! Awesome sculptures - and this is really fun! (can't wait to see your motorbike project!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent and impressive ! Lovely and funny designs too. Looking forward to seeing the logo.So good to see you back, Alex !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really amazing and fun sculpture.It must be so interesting to design for such a different medium. How long do they last? And how do they look when melting? We need a post on ice sculpture...

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Nancy, thanks. I'll be sticking with the book for a bit, but I am sure Tanna would want to go through it once she gets off school.
    @Raena, I wanted to show the logo 2 weeks ago! =) so you bet I am going to post it up ASAP.
    @Louise, thank you for your kind words. I never knew that you could draw on ice too, just not with pencils but drill bits.
    @Kazumi, Teehee! I think you can read my mind. I am actually warming-up on the Motorcycle project. That'd be my next post, you won't have to wait that long.
    @Martine, it's great to be back too. I never miss out on your drawings while not posting, and I love seeing all your drawings ^^
    @Benedicte, it's true! They are so much fun to do these ice sculpture. Because they are full block of pure ice, they usually take a day or maybe 2 to melt. How do they look when melting? I don't know, I usually don't stay long enough to observe how they melt. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing Alex!! You are such a talent- truly. I look forward to seeing the logo when you can share.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are excellent! Glad to see you are still participating in this ice art (after the wedding), because your work is exceptional!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good job! This is a cool way to do art, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Alex! These are just incredible! I love the amazing designs. I just never saw anything like them. Excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It would be so much fun to get a drink from the luge, and eat shrimps from the alligator's mouth. They look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete